Saturday, July 23, 2011

In the News This Morning!

Derek & Rebekah Maul - Image by KATY KUEHNER - Tribune staff photographer
Exciting day! This morning, Saturday July 23, the Tampa Tribune has published a feature about yours-truly and Rebekah.  “BRANDON PREACHER’S HUSBAND CONTENT WITH UNCONVENTIONAL ROLE”  The article was written by the Trib’s religion editor, Michelle Bearden. Michelle did a fine job presenting a positive story and giving readers a clear look at what it means to be a clergy-spouse – regardless of denomination or gender.
AS A WRITER, I FIND IT NERVE-RACKING to let someone else tell some of my story. Rebekah and I have both been misquoted in the past, and have been embarrassed when journalists completely missed the point of a seemingly straightforward interview. So it is refreshing to read a well-honed report put together by someone who knows how to listen as well as write. So kudos to Michelle Bearden.
SOME NEWSPAPER SUBSCRIBERS WILL BE READING THIS BLOG as a direct result of reading this morning’s article. Welcome! I hope you’ll come back and visit again.
I’ll keep this post brief and I simply encourage you to take a look around. Scroll down, click on the links, and read some of the content. You can also look on the right hand side of the page for your choice of recent articles, or to connect to my daily blog, “The Life-Charged Life.”
I recommended “WELCOME TO THE PREACHER’S HUSBAND BLOG AT WORDPRESS”down at the bottom of the list; it offers a helpful overview of some of the issues I’ve discussed or will be addressing in future posts.
Thanks so much for dropping by! I look forward to future visits, your comments and (this is important) please recommend this site to your friends. I have a lot to share and I don’t want anyone to miss out.
Also, if you don’t have a church home, you are very welcome to worship with us at FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF BRANDON.
Peace, Love and Blessings – DEREK
- Check out WWW.DEREKMAUL.COM for links to books and other info…

No comments:

Post a Comment